Friday 2 May 2014

Thought I'd share some tips/tricks that I've come across and use to help relieve day-to-day jaw pain:

1) Pineapple contains a fiber called bromelain and it is a natural anti-inflammatory. I eat a slice or two of canned pineapple every morning to ease my jaw. It is surprisingly effective!

2) Oil Pulling - look it up. You swish some kind of oil (coconut, sesame seed, etc) in your mouth every morning for 15-20 min to see anti-inflammatory effects on your jaw.

3) Stretch your neck muscles, this helps relieve stress on your jaws

4) Watch this lady's video on youtube for some quick and easy pressure points that will help your jaw! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTKqvaY84G4)

5) Some fish oil pills in the morning help relieve symptoms, OMEGA 3 is an anti-inflammatory.

6) Keep hydrated with water to keep your joints nice and loose.

 Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. Oil pulling is really good, I've done it! Many health benefits! Also I've used pineapple for immflamtion with my back so it is very good as well. Great tips!
    Taina

    ReplyDelete