Wednesday 28 May 2014

Days 5-7

   Things are looking up! I turned a corner on day 5. I have been sleeping better these nights, only getting up a couple times for a stretch. My swelling has been going down gradually and I have dramatically been eating better. In particular today (Day 7) I have had 1300 calories today of liquids. I've started to make milkshakes and eat soups. Ensure (a store-bought drink) is the best form of calories I have right now; 400 calories in one small bottle. On Day 6, yellow bruising appeared on the front of my neck and bottom of my lower jaw. This is normal and is the end of the bruising stage. I have even stopped taking my pain killers because I really don't have any pain, just discomfort from swelling. Although I still have to take my antibiotics 4 times a day to prevent infection. My surgeon says infection is a serious problem but he only sees 1 or 2 a year. Remember that I had said he does 6-7 surgeries a week! So less than 1% chance.
     Days have been much easier now. Although I am still looking forward to getting healthier, I'm not just praying for the next day to come anymore. I am currently enjoying the Prison Break series on netflix and very addicted to it, as I am already through Season 1 as of day 7 (started on day 5). The lowest number I've seen on the scale so far is 118lbs, yikes!
    Great news! I'm going to the orthodontist tomorrow to have my elastics taken off so that I can finally talk again. This will be a huge step for me and I'm looking forward to it!


                                                                 At the eating station


                                                                    Where I sit all day


                                        Side view - see some yellow bruising on my neck


                                                                            Day 7

Here is just a really funny picture of me. My mom and I found out that I look hilarious when I am laughing because I am so numb and swollen. We always burst out laughing when we see this picture now:


                                                                           Selfie














No comments:

Post a Comment