Thursday 29 May 2014

Day 8

     Got my elastics off today! Well....not completely. The tight ones that were holding my bite shut are off now. My orthodontist gave me some new ones that are looser and allow me to still open my mouth a bit; kind of like your standard elastics for braces. Being able to open my mouth a bit, I now can take another step with eating. Today I had some Beefaroni and Kraft Dinner. I had to blend both a bit with the blender. Not pureed by any means; just substituting for the ability to chew. All I had to do was use a spoon to get it past my teeth and then just swallow it whole. Boy was it good! I have now started doing very light brushing of my front teeth that I can reach. My lips are still particularly swollen and chapped  and it hurts to try and move them to get to my back teeth.  Another good thing is that I'm not constantly drooling and having to constantly walk around with a paper towel. I only drooled like 3 times today! My weight has also gone up a few pounds to 122! Recovery is going to be all downhill from here!



2 comments:

  1. I very much appreciated reading all your posts Shane! You sure have been through alot and I'm so glad you are feeling better now. Thankyou for sharing this experience with us, the good and the not so good times you had during all of this. All the best to you Shane:) and for a healthy, full recovery! Taina and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Taina and family! :)

    ReplyDelete