Wednesday 28 May 2014

May 24th & 25th - Days 3 &4

      These were the worst days for me. They say your swelling will peek 48-72 hours after surgery. This made my throat even more tight, making it nearly impossible to get any food in you. I felt as if someone was strangling me when ever I went to swallow any liquids. I basically starved for 2 straight days; wake up and go to bed hungry. My parents were worried and kept urging me to eat something. I was quite grouchy during this time.
      In other news, on day 4 I took off that compression bandage on my chin. This made it only slightly easier to eat. Still not really in any pain, just a lot of discomfort as I was craving food. I was so hungry that I was even jealous of the food my cats were eating. Throughout my early days of recovery I was using a notepad to communicate with my parents. Looking back, here are some of the things that I wrote down during this awful couple of days:

      "Just keeping up with medicine drains me of energy to eat food"

      "Makes me wish I didn't have surgery"

      "I keep getting the urge to yawn and I'm fighting it"

      "Eating is like torture"

       "Throat area so stiff"

 
    Having to fight back yawns was (and still is) horrible. When I feel one coming on I'll start grunting and clenching my fists to fight it off. It's safe to say that these were the worst two days of my life. By the end of these two days I only weighed 123lbs.


                                              Looking very exhausted and hungry on day 3


                                                   day 3  - compression bandage = day 4


                                                                    Taking my meds




No comments:

Post a Comment