Wednesday 21 May 2014

May 21st - 12 hours until my surgery

           Just a quick update here before surgery tomorrow. I made the trip to Toronto on Tuesday (May 20) and had my pre-op consultation with the surgeon at 3pm. It was very similar to the first time that I met with him a year ago, although he took X-rays, impressions and went into a bit more detail about the surgery. He was great at explaining the whole procedure and made me feel better about what is ahead. His name is Dr.Tocchio and he has been doing maxillofacial surgery for over 30 years. To get an appreciation for how experienced he is at this just multiply the 6-7 surgeries that he does a week over a span of 30 years. This guy is the best around at what he does. I was assured again that my surgery is very easy for him to do as it only involves my upper jaw. Doing work on the lower jaw is much more complicated because of all the nerves and vasculature. He actually said that I shouldn't have much pain for this reason.
       Today I went to North York hospital to get more info about my stay there as well as filling out some paper work regarding my medical history. They said that these appointments would take 2-4 hours but I was out in 30-45 minutes.
       Aside from all of this I've been doing some shopping with my parents and eating dinner at two of my favourite places to eat; The Mongolian Grill and Memories of Japan. I ate dinner an hour ago and that will be the last solid food I will be eating for some time now. I am very much looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment